Want to practice in metro Denver? We need a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our growing practice in a beautiful suburban community in south metropolitan Denver. Part of the big city but only 45 minutes to the mountains you see from our windows!
Experienced veterinarians as well as recent vet school grads will be considered for this position. If you believe that veterinary medicine allows you to make a difference in the lives of people & pets and want to apply your skills in the best possible place to grow, this opportunity is for you! Our hospital will provide you with a diverse case load, mentorship, as well as a chance to grow and improve your skills and interest in veterinary medicine. If you are a new grad, it’s important to start your career where you can put all your book knowledge to use, learning to become a great veterinarian – we are that place!
We use Idexx Cornerstone veterinary software, have in-house Idexx lab equipment, digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, ultrasound, & in-house pharmacy. We have a happy clinic team. Hours for this position are 8-6 M, W, Th, F & every third Saturday 8-12. We refer our after-hours emergencies to the many nearby specialty hospitals. -
Please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Dr Sara Mark.
- Colorado Licensee or in process of acquiring
- Experience with wellness & diagnostic exams, Spay/Neuter, Dental & Tumor Removal procedures, allowing you to take appointments from Day 1
- Technical competency for IV catheter placement, phlebotomy, intubation, anesthesia induction & monitoring, radiographs.
- Effective written, verbal, & listening communication skills with clinic team & clients.
- Astute business skills that contribute to our growing veterinary practice.
- Proficiency in discussing vet med topics with clients in a warm, instructive, patient manner.
- Ability to cultivate client relationships, focusing on impressive customer service & quality care with follow through.
- Dedication to pet health & care, combining a compassionate approach with a passionate work ethic
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include:
-Exempt salaried employees earn 80 hours of PTO, paid holidays (as applicable) & 36 hours granted annually for personal unpaid time off
- Group health insurance with employer contribution
- AVMA PLIT liability insurance
- $1,200 annual reimbursable expense account to be used for business related expenses at the veterinarian’s discretion including job-related continuing education, subscriptions, licensing fees
- Dues paid for CVMA and AVMA
- Retirement Plan - Simple IRA (after one year of employment to establish eligibility)
- AFLAC - 100% Employee paid
- Employee Discount on products and services
About Southwest Veterinary Hospital, PC
Southwest Veterinary Hospital is an exclusively small animal hospital in suburban Denver. We have 2.5 doctors, 3 technicians, and a busy schedule. Our focus is on quality medicine and exceptional client communication.