Greenbrier Veterinary Hospital located in Lewisburg, WV is seeking to hire an Associate DVM to join our practice!!!
Greenbrier Veterinary Hospital has been serving Greenbrier and surrounding counties for over three decades now. With satellite clinics in Marlinton, WV, Rainelle, WV and Covington, VA – we aim to make veterinary care more convenient for our loyal clients that may not be able to make the longer commute to our main office in Lewisburg.
Greenbrier Veterinary Hospital opened its doors over 30 years ago offering high quality health care to animals both small and large. As our clients’ needs have changed over the last 30 years, so has our practice. We currently operate as a small animal practice, providing services to cats, dogs, birds and even exotic pets. We are a certified member of the prestigious American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). This is a voluntary organization that sets high standards for membership and conducts stringent inspections to insure that its standards are maintained and continually upgraded.
About our hospital:
· In-house testing and the use of external laboratories
· Diagnostic ultrasound
· Comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care
· Grooming, boarding hospitalization
· 24 hour emergency care
· Well-stocked Pharmacy
· Large array of prescription diets
What we’re looking for:
· New Grad or experienced candidates
· Outgoing and friendly personality
· Must be able to work weekends. Open Saturday and Sunday
What we offer:
· Paid time off
· Paid CE
· Paid Doctors License renewals
· Health Insurance
Find more information at www.greenbriervet.com!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Take time to explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
· Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
· Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
· License in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively and communicates clearly with fellow team members
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary
code of ethics
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.