Pet+ER of Towson, MD is seeking a Veterinary Technician Manager for our busy 24-hour emergency critical care hospital. This is a fantastic opportunity for a technician looking to advance into management but skill retain their technical skill-set on the floor!
Who are we?
Having served the Baltimore area for 25 years, Pet+ER Towson is in the process of exponential growth! We are a dedicated group of 13 veterinarians (Boarded Criticalists, Emergency DVMs and Specialty Interns) with a large support staff. We also have the ability to collaborate with a group of veterinary specialists in-house to provide outstanding veterinary care. Our priority is advanced diagnostics, treatment and providing patients and their owners with the best veterinary care possible.
Who are you?
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician who possesses a skillset that includes leadership, the ability to collaborate, time management, organization, strong technical ability and conflict resolution skills. This position includes shared employee oversight of 30-40 team members.
The co-manager is responsible for enforcing all practice policies and protocols, working in conjunction with the other team manager, participating as a team player and projecting a positive attitude with all employees. Strong preference for candidates that have their VTS in ECC, or extensive experience in Emergency/Critical Care practices.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Hiring and training of new technicians
- Establishing and executing training protocols
- Preparing monthly schedule/on-call schedule
- Provide guidance and direction to staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Mediate interpersonal issues and address concerns up to and including disciplinary action
- Conduct quarterly one-on-one meetings with team to discuss any concerns or areas of improvement
- Technical Skillset: daily care of critical and stable patients, triage, perform CPR on crashing patients, medication administration (all routes), drug calculations, IV catheter placement, Blood draws, running lab samples, Doppler blood pressures, central line placement, CVP measurement, NG tube placement, nasal oxygen line placement, urinary catheter placement, perform digital radiographs, reading of blood smears, urine and fecal slides, as well as anesthesia monitoring and assist doctor during procedure
- Perform regular training sessions with team to ensure advancement of individuals skills
- Routinely update training manual to ensure that procedures as protocols are up to date with current standards in the field
- Collaborate with members of CVRC management to optimize care of their patients
- Work closely with Client Services Team, Medical Director and doctor team to ensure that we are providing the best possible care for our patients and clients
- Participate in community outreach events The Technician Co-Manager is responsible to ensure the hospital is operating in a professional and efficient manner
The Technician Co-Manager is responsible for working 5 shifts (approximately 40hrs) a week, including two weekends a month and rotating holidays. Compensation is based on experience. All full time staff receive excellent healthcare benefits, 401K, employee owned pet discounts, and opportunities for professional development and continuing education. A signing bonus is available for this position!
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Mellissa @ email@example.com