Minimum Qualifications: Experience Necessary
In addition to all the duties assigned to a kennel assistant the technician assistant will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- The technician assistants are responsible for the general cleanliness and organization of the hospital. They work collaboratively with the practice manager to proactively identify areas of improvement (storage, cleanliness, operational improvements) and continuously champion the clinic’s organization and cleanliness.
- Indirectly provide supervision for the kennel assistants.
- Ensures that all items on the TA/Kennel checklist are being completed as scheduled.
- Proper restraint of pets to assist the technicians and doctors in exams, administering treatments and surgical preparation.
- Maintain the autoclave and ultrasonic cleaner per factory instructions. This includes logging the maintenance in the equipment maintenance log.
- Replace or clean all furnace filters in the hospital. Maintain reminders for maintenance in VIA.
- Ensure that the side storage room is kept neat and tidy.
- Ensure routine maintenance is completed on the clinic’s furnaces. Maintain the reminder system in VIA.
- Be willing and able to assist on all duties requested.
Set up Surgery Suite
Anesthesia Machine (including breathing tubes/bags), ensure both anesthesia machines have eye lube and cuffing syringes (3 cc, 6 cc, 12 cc)
IV Fluids / Pump
Surgical Monitors (Wally or portable SpO2)
Set up Dental Suite
Anesthesia Machine (including breathing tubes/bags)
IV Fluids / Pump
Fill water on dental machine if needed
Fill CLS Bottle on dental machine ONLY WHEN EMPTY
Set up dental x-ray machine / sensor
If time, enter patient info in dental x-ray software program
Extraction Tray (as needed)
Placing IV Catheters
Administering Pre-anesthetic Drugs
Induction / Intubation
Starting Anesthesia Monitoring Sheets with Times and Vitals
Photos of Dental Patients
Recording medication times on anesthetic record
Hook up monitors
Start IV Fluids
Monitor/record vital signs on anesthetic record
Monitor/record procedure times on anesthetic record
If asked/needed recover patients
Print out dental pictures and tape onto go home folder, with patient’s name on file
Assist with filling medications if needed
Assist with pulling IV Catheters if needed
Give litter boxes to cats once awake
Walk dogs once awake
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sweep & Mop all floors at end of day.
- Sweep floors, dust shelves, arrange magazines & pamphlets.
- Stock shelves in waiting room area.
- Wash doors and windows with windex.
- Empty trash cans each day.
- Keep Keurig Coffee Machine Filled with Water
- Assist receptionist as needed with copying, getting supplies, etc.
- Work with the front desk staff to ensure that our exam rooms are cleaned as quickly as possible between appointments.
- Clean tables, counters and table bases.
- Spot clean walls, tables, and counters.
- Clean up equipment after each appointment.
- Fill all containers in each room; also stock cotton balls, gauze, cotton tipped applicators, syringes, needles and paper towels.
- Change Nolvasan in otoscope trays weekly, mark the container with your initials and date.
- Deep clean the ear cone cleaner weekly.
- Ensure all otoscope and opthalmoscopes are clean and in working order daily.
- Empty trash cans as needed, at least once a day.
- Clean out cabinets and dust once a week.
Wipe down x-ray table, aprons & gloves after every use.
- Wipe off counter, stock pill vials & bottles.
- Clean cages after animals have left or sooner if necessary.
- Empty trash can at end of day or sooner if needed
- Clean and wipe down walls, sink, & toilet.
- Empty trash daily.
- Stock upper cabinets with Toilet Paper and Papertowels.
- Kennel Run Area:
- Wash down runs, walls & gates after animals leave or as necessary.
- Keep bath tub clean.
- Wash all things in tub and put away bowls after cleaning.
- Hang up hoses after use to dry.
- Make sure side door is locked
- Wash all surgical instruments, syringes, and other equipment.
- Wrap all surgical equipment after washing and drying.
- Clean sink & prep table at end of day and scrub prep table rack.
- Wipe down all counters and walls.
- Fill all containers in treatment area.
- Change nolvasan in cold trays daily.
- Change nolvasan solution in otoscope tray daily.
- Ensure all otoscopes and opthalmoscopes are clean and in working order daily.
- Change nolvasan solution in ear cone cleaner weekly or as needed.
- Clean endotracheal tubes and clippers after each use.
- Prepare instruments that are to be gas sterilized.
- Wash & repackage used urinary catheters.
- Wash all anesthesia hoses and tubing after each use.
Sweep and Mop Surgery as soon as the surgery suite is empty
Deep clean the surgery suite weekly – use the deep clean checklist to ensure completeness.
Sweep and Mop Ultrasound daily at the end of the day
Deep clean the Ultrasound area weekly – use the deep clean checklist to ensure completeness.
- Separate surgical laundry from all other laundry.
- Wash all surgical laundry as directed.
- Wash all other laundry as appropriate.
- Weekly, wash and dust all exam rooms and cabinets. Use the Deep CleanChecklist to ensure all items are done.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop all floors daily.
- Maintain paper goods supplies.
- Maintain Costco List for needed items.
- Clean parking lots as needed.
- Take recycling to the recycle center as needed.
- Water all flowers and plants at the clinic (including outside and upstairs).
- Clean upstairs office and kitchen weekly. This includes all trash receptacles. This also includes the upstairs bathroom.
- Clean out upstairs refrigerator weekly.
- Empty Woody’s litter box daily.
- Put away all food deliveries. Carry food out for clients.
- Assist doctors and technicians as needed.
- Perform other tasks as