Quail Corners Animal Hospital located in Raleigh, NC is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!!!
Quail Corners Animal Hospital & 24 Hour Emergency Care, is located in North Raleigh, NC and has served the greater Raleigh area since 1969. Located between the beach and mountains, Raleigh is a small but thriving cosmopolitan area known for its history, southern hospitality, educationally institutions and high-tech industry. Known for its tree-lined streets, Raleigh is fondly called “The City of Oaks.” Quail Corners provides small animal medical and surgical care 24-hours a day.
More information at www.QuailCornersAnimalHospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Conveniently located off Raleigh’s beltline providing easy access for daytime and after-hours visits.
- Large, one-story hospital with five exam rooms, separate dog and cat lobby areas.
- Well-equipped ICU/Treatment area.
- Full service surgery suite including designated surgical prep and recovery area.
- Diagnostic imaging includes full digital radiography including dental x-ray; on-site ultrasound.
- In-House laboratory equipped to handle daytime and emergency caseload. Reference laboratories used as necessary.
- ICU level care provided for critical and trauma patients.
- Board-certified surgeon and radiologist available for in-house consultation and surgery.
- Excellent relationship with NC State College of Veterinary Medicine and private referral hospital for specialty referral cases.
- AVImark computerized medical record system.
- Dedicated health care team focused on providing a high level of progressive veterinary medicine and surgery.
- Weekly staff development program provided; outside CE encouraged and supported.
Wake County, North Carolina has a population of 991,000 people and has experienced a growth of 43% since 2000. Warm weather, moderate cost of living levels, big city living with a small town flavor help to keep Raleigh on many of the country’s Best Of lists.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in NC
- 1+ years of experience
- High level of primary/wellness care and surgery, past experience in small animal emergency medicine and surgery
- Emphasis on diagnostics including radiology & ultrasound, strong communication skills, desire to participate in team environment and to grow professionally
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.