Churchville Veterinary Clinic located in Churchville, MD is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!!!
Churchville Veterinary Clinic opened its doors over 45 years ago offering high quality health care to a mixed animal practice. As our clients’ needs have changed over the last 45 years, so has our practice. We currently operate as a small animal practice, providing services to cats, dogs and pocket pets. Churchville Pet Resort & Four-Footed Friends Shoppe and Salon, is our full-service boarding facility, pet grooming salon, and retail supply shop. Our ideal candidate is an experienced veterinarian (1+ year) who welcomes a challenge, appreciates collaboration with colleagues, and desires strong communication within the practice. In return, we will reward your excellence with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package.
We provide comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care as well as boarding, grooming, and hospitalization. Our practice promotes preventative health care and responsible pet ownership. We strive to offer not only optimal veterinary care, but sound advice. We have a well-stocked pharmacy and a large array of prescription diets.
Churchville Veterinary Clinic has been serving Churchville and surrounding areas for over four decades now. With satellite clinics in Bel Air, MD and Havre de Grace, MD – we aim to make veterinary care more convenient for our loyal clients.
- Hospital culture conducive to collaboration with colleagues
- Digital radiographs including digital dental radiographs
- Cold laser therapy
- No emergency on-call
- In-house surgery suite & dental suite
- Well stocked pharmacy
- Closely supervised hospitalization area
- Nearest ER center in close proximity
- Boarding & Grooming
- In-house bloodwork/fecals/heartworm
- Avimark medical records system
- Outside reference labs
- Idexx Catalyst DX and ProCyte DX
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.