Asheville, NC. Filled with natural wonders, scenic vistas, unique restaurants, great people and architectural treasures, Asheville is a great place to live and raise a family. Your job is critically important to your happiness, but so is where you live. This job has it all: Great pay, benefits, location and co-workers who really care about animals and veterinary medicine.
Join an amazing veterinary team in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. Warm and nurturing environment. Best co-workers. Four-day work week. Fully paid health insurance, dental insurance, liability insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance. CE allowance. All licenses and memberships paid. We are AAHA certified since 1979 with close adherence to AAHA standards. Gold Standard Cat Friendly and on the leading edge of low stress, fear-free care. Winner of Pet Plan National Best Practice of the Year Award in 2014. Our great support team will allow you to reach your full earning potential as a veterinarian. Ample RVTs and high staff to veterinarian ratio. Experienced management team.
New/fully remodeled state of the art hospital with gorgeous dental and surgery suites. Fully equipped, including laparoscopic surgery, Harmonic Scalpel, two full dental suites with digital radiology, endoscopy, color flow Doppler ultrasound and Eklin DR digital radiology. Glass pods for patients and excellent nursing care. Separate facilities for cats that allow us to achieve Gold Standard Cat Friendly certification. There are no overnight shifts for veterinarians and the hospital is closed during the night, but it is staffed by support staff for overnight nursing care of non-critical hospitalized patients during the week. Local emergency hospital receives our emergencies and critical cases during closed hours.
We provide excellent, gentle care to our patients and high touch, kind care for a clientele who are educated and want the very best care for their pets. Very appreciative clientele. We are especially interested in an experienced and/or intern-trained veterinarian or a veterinarian truly interested in feline practice, but will welcome all applications for either full or part-time work. Will provide mentoring. For more about us, see our website at ahna.net.
For those not already familiar with Asheville:
- Named 12th best place to live in America (livability.com)
- Nicknamed “Land of the Sky”
- Famous as a sophisticated beer capital with a vibrant, fun and safe downtown filled with unique restaurants and microbreweries.
- River Arts District full of artists and trades of every description
- Many venues for music performance attract music lovers
- Climate mild but with four distinct seasons, chosen “best fall foliage”
- High-achieving public school system, and well-respected University of North Carolina at Asheville
- Excellent health care facilities
- Outdoor activities abound. Outstanding scenic beauty visible in every direction: The Blue Ridge Parkway and the historic Grove Park Inn are within 3 miles of the animal hospital. Nearby is the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the Pisgah National Forest, Dupont Forest, waterfalls, hiking, photo opportunities galore, and the Biltmore House.
- Asheville is thought of as a natural, wholesome community with good values.
- For more information on things to do in Asheville, see https://www.exploreasheville.com/iconic-asheville/blue-ridge-parkway