Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic in Tonawanda, NY is seeking to hire an Associate DVM to join our practice!
BRAND NEW FACILITY - 17,000 square foot location, with all the bells and whistles! Up to $50,000 sign on/retention bonus!
Our well-established 10 doctor practice outside of Buffalo, New York has moved to a new location and we're expanding our weeknight hours until midnight and continuing weekend hours. We’re looking for a veterinarian to come join our team to help cover some of our new hours, but we can be flexible in what this means. We’re fully equipped with lots of great toys including ultrasound, digital x-rays, dental x-rays, surgivet and in-house lab. Our team of veterinarians have practiced together for years and our support staff is second to none. We offer a generous compensation and medical insurance plan, continuing medical education stipend and days off, vacation, 401K, and relocation support to the right candidate.
More information at www.brightoneggert.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Modern building with eight exam rooms, separate dog and cat treatment areas, surgery suites and pharmacies.
- Full In-house laboratory utilizing modern Idexx equipment and use Idexx Canada for send out tests.
- In house ECG’s run and interpreted.
- Digital X-ray system. Superb, readable “films” in eight seconds. Digital dental x-rays as well.
- Isoflourane anesthesia, electro surgery, ultra-sonic dental equipment.
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities with state of the art surgivet monitors.
- Complete pharmacy –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
- Newest version AVI Mark software.
- Class IV Laser.
- Urgent Care hours.
Situated between Western New York’s major metropolitan centers, Buffalo and Niagara Falls, the Town of Tonawanda offers a great diversity of recreational, cultural and entertainment opportunities.
For scenery, no spot in America, or the world, exceeds the grandeur of the illuminated half-mile-wide Canadian Horseshoe Falls and the 176-foot-high American Falls, which attracts more than 12 million visitors annually. Family fun comes in many fascinating forms and surprising spots in Buffalo Niagara. Whether it’s watching river otters romp in their way cool pool at the Buffalo Zoo, getting soaked yourself on a summertime excursion on a Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour or exploring the amazing collection of exotic plants at the Botanical Gardens, fun is easily found for you and your family.
Food lovers rejoice, because while we are justifiably proud of our chicken wings, there is so much more to the Buffalo culinary scene than hot sauce and blue cheese dressing. (Though the wings at the Anchor Bar should be on anyone’s list of essential Buffalo dining experiences.) We love to eat around here, which shows in our wide range of restaurants, and sometimes in our waistlines. If you want fine dining we have a diverse and sophisticated culinary scene that will satisfy the most discriminating palate.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.