About the company
Improve International is specialized in delivering CE for the veterinarians and the veterinary professionals.
Established in 1998 in the UK, it now operates in 18 countries worldwide, making it one of the leading companies in its area, in the world.
What is our aim?
As part of the company’s strategy, Improve International wants to develop its activities into the USA.
We are aiming to hire a Country Manager that can support and develop all the activities required in order to offer our courses in the territory.
Job: Country Manager
Job Category: Manager
Schedule: Regular Full Time
: From home, preferably on the Northeast
: Veterinary Technician/Nurse
: Bachelor’s degree or higher required, or the equivalent combination
Summary of Job Purpose and Function
The primary purpose and function of the Country Manager is to help establish and develop (assuring compliance with CE regulations) the veterinary educational business of Improve International in the USA.
Knowledge of the continuing education market is essential.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Identify possible venues and training partners
- Identify and liaise with speakers
- Liaise with delegates and potential customers
- Customer care
- Develop the Business in North America in accordance with the business plan and budget
- Develop new business with lecturers and customers (veterinary practices, corporate customers and individual veterinarians) in the North America
- Promote and market the Company in the North America
Capabilities and Experience (can do)
- Client service skills
- Knowledge of continuing education market and its specificities
- Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task - Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks
- Organizational ability - Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments.
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Provide direction.
- Mathematical ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software.
- Sales and marketing skills
Attitudes (will do)
- Initiative - Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done; seeks out the most valuable work to do during times when the hospital faces low client demand.
- Integrity - Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Improve International
- Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence - Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervision.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive "can do" outlook
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to be confident around animal cadavers and manipulate up to 50 pounds.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position involves flexible working hours including working weekends and evenings.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Requires ambulatory skills sufficient to perform duties while at home and to visit various locations.
- Travel availability required
Experience, Education and/or Training
- Knowledge of the veterinary continuing education scene preferred
- Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Management experience in a sales or service related industry preferred