Fantastic opportunity to educate the Vets of the future, we are now looking for a Veterinary Anaesthetist to join our world class school of vet sciences at JCU:
Be at the forefront of veterinary sciences in the Tropics
- Work with enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Great opportunity to live and work in Tropical North Queensland
James Cook University (JCU) is committed to creating a brighter future for life in the tropics world-wide through graduates and discoveries that make a difference. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Anaesthetist to join our world class School of Veterinary Sciences.
Working mainly in the University’s modern and well equipped veterinary teaching hospital, you will teach and assess final year undergraduate veterinary students in the context of authentic clinical service delivery. You will supervise students as they plan and deliver anaesthetics to fee-paying clients’ companion animals and, when required, will also personally deliver anaesthetics to some animals.
You will give support to students through “Sit-down rounds”, where students will be given the opportunity to discuss their anaesthetic planning and delivery in detail. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and supervise other veterinarians and veterinary nurses in the hospital in practical veterinary anaesthesia and participate in their ongoing professional development.
Working alongside world class clinicians, academics and a skilled network of staff you will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of veterinary anaesthesia by participating in and assisting with clinical research projects with a view to presenting findings at conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed literature.
Veterinary Sciences at JCU has earned a strong reputation for the integrity of its courses and the quality of its graduates. As an accomplished professional in your field you will strengthen the Discipline of Veterinary Sciences by contributing to the further development of the JCU veterinary science curriculum to consolidate our success and further enhance our reputation as an academic leader for many years to come.
Why Vet Sciences
The School of Veterinary Sciences is committed to the themes of “The Tropics” and “One Health” outcomes through outstanding education, excellent research and effective engagement with key stakeholders. We are immensely proud of our facilities, staff, students, graduates and unique location with modern, well-equipped facilities:
- Teaching and research laboratories for anatomy and biomedical sciences with tissue culture suites
- Histology processing and microscopy
- A radioisotope suite and PC2/PC3
- Clinical pathology and post-mortem suites
- 80 hectares of livestock paddocks
- Large and small animal housing, including aquatic animals
- Emergency Centre & Hospital with operating theatres and radiology facilities
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Level of appointment and commencing salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
- Relocation and visa assistance
How to apply
For more information on how to apply and position descriptions please visit www.jcu.edu.au/jobs.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply and a position descriptions please visit www.jcu.edu.au/jobs
Please refer to vacancy 15791 – Associate Lecturer/ Lecturer / Senior Lecturer /Associate Professor, Veterinary Anaesthetist.
Applications close Sunday 20th November