Veterinary Clinic with unique cases seeks an Associate DVM ($50,000 Sign-on bonus)
Waterville Veterinary Clinic
December 20, 2017
Waterville, New York
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - Any experience level considered
DVM or equivalent
Waterville Veterinary Clinic located in Waterville, New York is seeking an Associate DVM to join our practice!
$50,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Are you looking to work with exceptional veterinarians at a high quality pet hospital for your next career move?
Our goal at Waterville Veterinary Clinic has always been to assemble a veterinary health care team committed to providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care. Today, there are 6 full time and 2 part time veterinarians and a staff of over 20 technicians and assistants working here. Our staff have been in the practice for a great length of time, creating a family-oriented atmosphere. All staff work together as a team and always support their coworkers in time of need. We have a professional business casual atmosphere.
We are looking for our next exceptional Veterinarian to join our team and help to continue to provide 24 hour services that includes preventative, dental, dietary and lifestyle care to our clientele. Interest in Emergency/Urgent Care is a plus.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.