Small established country practice in northwest Indiana is seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian to join our team. This one doctor practice offers an enjoyable work environment and a seasoned medical staff, as well as an experienced Practice Manager. Our small animal practice offers both medical and surgical treatment (mostly routine, some soft tissue) and includes in-house labs, and dental services. We offer continuing education, paid vacation, CE allowance, salary plus production, professional dues, and an IRA plan, relocation & sign on bonus available. We are looking for an individual who wants to bond with the community and clients, and is excited to lead the practice medically to the next level. To learn about our practice visit: www.meyervethospital.com
· Commitment to high quality and scientifically sound veterinary medical services
· Perform surgical and other veterinary procedures as required
· Maintain knowledge on the most current AVMA and AAHA guidelines and best practices
· Work efficiently and effectively as an individual as well as a team-member
· Collaborate and share knowledge with fellow Associates and support staff
· Actively build relationships with clients and staff
· Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to support staff
Education and Experience:
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· At least one year of relevant work experience
· Must have clinical experience in small animal practice, possessing exemplary social skills and the desire to practice the highest quality medicine
· Surgical, Dental and Orthopedic experience is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
· Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
· Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with a dedication to providing the highest quality veterinary care are a must
· Must be interested in growing their leadership skills, helping our team members develop in their roles and fostering an environment of support and education
Additional Salary Information: Salary will depend on experience, etc.
With two locations to serve our clients, we are equipped to handle many services. We offer vaccination, surgery, dentistry, pain management, nutrition counseling; we’re committed to pet’s health and will always do our best to treat and heal our patients. Our in house and external veterinary diagnostic labs help to give our veterinarians the answers they need to diagnose patients as quick as possib...le. We offer full digital radiography to include full mouth dental radiology, state of the art dental cleaning unit, the most up to date anesthesia protocols, therapeutic cold laser therapy and digital records. These are some of the tools we have available to care for our patients.We are committed to our patients veterinary care by providing an environment that puts their well being first. We continue to grow and expand our knowledge as medicine evolves. We understand the animal human bond. It is our sincerest goal to provide care that keeps our patients healthy for a long and fulfilling life. We will NEVER forget to treat all of our patients with dignity, empathy and love, as if they were our own beloved family member.